Project Cost Specialist (Full Time)
Location: 415 Maple Ave, Snohomish, WA
Hours: Mon-Fri (40hours per week)
Salary Range: ($33.50 to $38.50 per Hour) Depending on Experience
We are Haggard Electrical Contractors, an innovative open shop turnkey electrical and technologies contractor, servicing the commercial residential market in the Pacific Northwest. Our integrated approach to design, execution, safety, and quality control is driven by our collaborative team approach. We specialize in planning from conception, providing our clients with strategic forward thinking project implementation that carries through to a successful project completion. Our ownership thrives on giving the opportunity of growth to their employees.
Our goal is to be The Premier Electrical Contractor on the West Coast.
Why Haggard Electric?
We have been sustaining a remarkable growth record over the past 15 years. The success of our growth comes from our entire team’s passion. Our diligence in providing the highest quality products stems from our commitment to the success and development of our employees. We are looking for individuals that are motivated by passion, innovative solutions, success, a desire to share their voice and visions and who strive for excellence. We provide opportunities for continued education and entry level growth opportunities.
Here is how you will contribute to Haggard Electrical Contractors:
Are you an experienced Construction Job Cost Specialist looking for an exciting new opportunity? Our company is looking to elevate our finance department by adding a new position.
We are seeking a skilled, educated, and organized individual who will perform data entry for all aspects of our project costs including but not limited to commitment compliance, AP data entry, timecard entry with cost allocations, review and track contractual compliance documentation utilizing our PM and ERP systems. Are you highly motivated, detailed oriented and thrive on accuracy? If so, we need a solution-based thinker who loves the details and a multi-tasking workday who appreciates a deadline driven atmosphere. This position will be guided by the Operational Cost/Payroll Manager and report to the Director of Accounting Operations. You will support our Project Management and Finance teams.
Information systems experience is required! This position will be performing most duties within 4 cloud-based information systems. Experience working within Sage Intacct or Sage CRE 300, Procore, Paylocity (or similar payroll platform) and Microsoft 365 suite is a plus. You will be responsible for the entering and integrity of the data within these systems as well as assisting both teams with month-end close requirements and ad hoc projects.
If you have a background in construction cost accounting or construction payroll or both, we invite you to apply for this challenging and rewarding position. Join our team and help us continue to deliver exceptional service within our organization and to our vendors and subcontractors while maintaining our bottom-line profits. Your qualities will assist Haggard Electric to ensure our clients feel that they are well taken care of.
We work hard and have fun doing it in our new state-of-the-art office, come join our Amazing Team!
• Model the Corporate Values with emphasis to our strategic growth plan as a company.
• Manage our AP email inbox following the departmental procedures as directed.
• Communicate with suppliers, subcontractors, and internal teams such as Project Management, Engineering, Detailing & Purchasing and Business owners to resolve any inquiries and discrepancies.
• Ensure entry of accurate project cost data within our information systems. Following GAAP accounting rules and regulations. Complying with accounting periods, cost coding regulations and general ledger account coding to budget.
• Assist with weekly invoices and PO/Commitment review with Project Managers.
• Maintain a tracking system for contractual compliance documentation and risk management.
• Initiate bill payments via ACH, check, wire, and credit card in compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
• Maintain the vendor master file, including new vendor set-up, completion of vendor credit forms, Entry of accurate payment terms including discounts offered terms allowing for automated discount payment selections. Vendor ACH payment set-up.
• Process ALL phases of corporate credit card expenditures. Includes the collections of CC receipts, managing the automated credit card bank feed process. Initiate monthly approval of CC expense reports. Apply the monthly credit card payment ensuring transactions match accurately in our information systems to the credit company statement.
• Maintain Company Organizational Information Database.
• Assist with Ad hoc projects from various departments.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance or Business Administration or 3 plus years of project accounting experience.
• Detail orientation with high organizational skills sufficient to support multiple concurrent projects while supporting a large number of team members.
• Construction-related business exposure with knowledge of percentage of completion accounting and construction contracts.
• Ability to convert complex project, finance, operational, and compliance issues into terms and concepts that are easily disseminated throughout all levels of the organization.
• Someone with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with the ability to prioritize their workload, one who has resilience and commitment to working under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal. Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees.
• Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel, Office 365, teams, Zoom, Adobe, Bluebeam etc.
• Experience with ERP information systems such as or equivalent to:
• Procore (Project Management System)
• Paylocity (Payroll/HR Management System)
• Sage Intacct (Accounting ERP System)
• QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
• Smartsheet (Work Management System)
Benefits of Being a Haggard Employee:
100% employer paid medical for employee, spouse or domestic partner, and dependent children (buy up option available for a small premium)
100% employer paid dental for employee, spouse or domestic partner, and dependent children
Employer paid life insurance for employee (when they enroll in medical)
Company paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
6 company paid holidays
Up to 11 days of PTO per year
Up to 5 days of paid sick leave per year
401K with company match (available after your first 6 months of employment)
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Voluntary life insurance